Gooroo has developed world-first capability that understands ‘how’ every person in the world thinks
What does Gooroo do?
Gooroo understands how every person in the world thinks.
Gooroo applies artificial intelligence to the science of human thinking (neuroscience) to enable individuals, organisations and societies to make better decisions. Gooroo’s platform incorporates two core capabilities:
- Strategic Decision Analytics
- Workforce Analytics
Gooroo applies Human Thinking Analytics™ and artificial intelligence to deliver the following products:
Gooroo Strategic Decision Analytics
- An analytical engine that can process large datasets to deliver an understanding of how people make decisions, at scale
- Applicable across industries and made available to third parties for their application
- Focused on building collaborative, global partnerships via a value sharing commercial model
Gooroo Workforce Analytics
- A SaaS platform used by employers, consultancies & recruiters
- Reimagines how they approach organisational design, workforce planning, recruiting, team formation, cultural alignment, succession planning & talent development
- Sold on subscription-based commercial model
Gooroo's Workforce Analytics platform provides these capabilities:
- Gooroo Mindspace evaluates individual mindsets and workstyles, evaluates teams, assesses cultural alignment and readiness for innovation, creativity and entrepreneurism.
- Gooroo People helps organisations build enriched talent banks to access to qualified talent, and inform talent development and re-skilling strategies.
- Gooroo Match intelligently screens and ranks all (internal & external) candidates for an open role.
- Gooroo Insights provides analytics on the international ITC/Digital job market to inform hiring strategy in this critical sector.
- Gooroo Careers delivers tools and insights where individuals can make better career decisions. Gooroo connects individuals to matched opportunities, helps them understand their career options and provides personalised recommendations for training and development.
Gooroo has also establish professional development programs help build internal capability; providing the autonomy to lead change.
Gooroo science & technology
Gooroo’s core technology leverages artificial intelligence disciplines such as machine learning and natural language processing (NLP). In June 2016 Gooroo acquired ColourGrid™, a platform based on neuroscience that is used to evaluate an individual’s mindset, work styles, contribution and alignment to a company and team.
Gooroo's approach based on strategic thinking research conducted over 40 years by Dr Colin Benjamin OAM (whose IP Gooroo Ventures acquired in June 2016). Gooroo's human thinking IP represents an integrated theory from over 100 leading experts such as De Bono, Hofstede, Inglehart, Jung, Mathis, Trompenaars and Dr Benjamin. Gooroo has since established a Human Thinking Research Unit to extend the framework and explore further applications with partners.
Gooroo's Advanced Relational Meaning System (ARMS) replicates the way that brain, mind, and consciousness are integrated to build a frame of reference for how we make decisions, in particular in times of choice and uncertainty. It allows us to establish the sequence and patterns of human thought that generates 'meaning' and a preferred pathway to a specific goal and objective. This allows us to map an individual’s likely decision-making patterns in specific settings and environments. This capabillity was the subject of a patent application in October 2017.
Gooroo technology is hosted on Microsoft Azure and the Workforce Analytics platform is made available via a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription licencing model.
Key features of Gooroo technology includes:
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) and microservices deliver secure and efficient services and integration capabilities
- Natural language processing and parsing engine capable of ingesting very large volumes of job ads, resumes/CVs and social profiles
- Neural network of skills that is used to inform the relationships between individual skills and roles
- Matching engine capable of analysing millions of individual profiles and scoring each person against job roles requirements (expertise, experience and engagement) and training
What's special & different?
No-one in the world can match Gooroo's ability to map patterns of human decision making when an individual is subject to choice and challenge.
As a result, Gooroo's human thinking capability is poised to influence many industries:
- Marketing – targeting and communicating more effectively with customers
- Business transformation – informing the development of capability that is growth-oriented, aligned and makes better decisions
- Careers – delivering more personalised training and job pathways
- Recruitment – matching right person to right role
- Education – aligning to individual learning styles
- Service delivery – delivering more personalised experiences that help to differentiate
Being a cloud-based platform, Gooroo handles impressive scale; offering even global corporations unparalleled insight, speed and confidence over their decisions.
Finally, as we move in to a new era of work, uncertainty and change will be constants as advances in technology dominate our lives. Organisations need the right team to be able to adapt and capitalise, or risk losing market share and potential obsolescence. Gooroo technology helps organisation's compile the right innovative, creative and entrepreneurial thinking across the business so they're more ready for an increasingly turbulent and competitive future.
Gooroo establishes a platform for better decisions which delivers widespread savings, returns & untapped possibilities.
Just some of the benefits of using Gooroo:
- Ability to integrate multiple people datasets to deliver individual patterns of thinking
- A more innovative and prepared business is ready to combat competitive threats and capitalise on market opportunities
- Access improved team performance through better team design and stronger engagement
- Identify future leaders early, while identifying those less aligned to the organisation's future
- Delivery of more insightful and engaging staff development plans to support re-skilling of the workforce
- High performing teams do more, with less, more often and faster
- Better information in the hiring process reduces bias, improves stakeholder alignment and fit, lowering the rate of bad hires and the large cost, time and emotional impacts
- Reduction in the time to hire and cost to hire, improving responsiveness and efficiency.
The go-to-market model is through direct sales and via distribution partners and resellers.
Customers are charged an annual subscription license, plus a cost per person and team evaluated.
Resellers and consulting partners earn attractive rebates and recurring commissions.
Services are also offered via an API for system integration and technology partners.
Gooroo's Strategic Decision Analytics capability is being offered via limited transnational partners.
Patenting the process of 'how we think'
In October 2017, Gooroo lodged a patent application on the process of human thinking - securing Gooroo’s globally unique ability to map the decision-making patterns of individuals. The application of this intellectual property is both significant for organisations who seek to better understand and engage their workforce & customers.
Gooroo is working on two new patent applications in 2018.
Global alliance with Microsoft Corporation
In January 2016 Gooroo signed a three-year alliance with Microsoft, providing career planning tools millions of Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs) and Most Valued Professionals (MVPs). Gooroo has also been awarded Microsoft Learning Partner status.
Building a community of IT professionals
Gooroo continues to build an online community of ICT/Digital professionals, now exceeding 24,000 individuals. This specialised pool of talent is made available as a value-added feature to subscribing employers and recruiters to Gooroo Workforce Analytics.
Gooroo wins Innovation of the Year
Gooroo's Workforce Analytics platform was recognised as Innovation of the Year by peak industry body AIIA in the Big Data & Machine Learning category at the Victorian iAwards.
The iAwards are the most recognised and prestigious technology innovation award in Australia. The iAwards discover, recognise and reward the technology innovations that have the potential to, or are already having a positive impact on the community – at home, in the office and on a global scale.