The Board of Gooroo Ventures Limited (“Gooroo” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that Mr Thomas (Tom) Brown has been appointed to the role of Chairman.
Mr Brown is a highly regarded leader in the international human resources sector having held various board and executive appointments over the past 20 years in Oil and Gas, Mining, FMCG, Industrial Services, Utilities, Aeronautical and Marine, and Professional Services.
Mr Brown’s executive career highlights include:
- Group Human Resources Director, Rolls-Royce PLC, London, UK
- Senior Vice President Human Resources, Brambles Industries Limited, Sydney, Australia
- Group HR Director, Allied Domecq PLC, London, UK
- Vice President Human Resources, BHP / BHP Billiton, Melbourne, Australia
He also has broad Board experience in an Executive and Non-Executive capacity including:
- Non-Executive Director & Remuneration Committee Chair, Slater and Gordon (ASX:SGH)
- Chairman of Rolls-Royce PLC’s Common Support Functions Theme Board & Community Investment and Sponsorships Board
- Executive Board Member of Aero Engine Controls Joint Venture
- Board Member of Allied Domecq’s Latin American Regional Board
- Non-Executive Director, Homeless World Cup
Mr Brown’s industry depth, enterprise background, global reach and extensive networks will see him actively support the executive team across product, commercial and market strategy.
Mr Brown has committed to participate in the recently announced capital raise, together with other Directors.
The Board wish to sincerely thank Mr Simon O’Loughlin for his stewardship of the company through the IPO and over the past 12 months.
Gooroo Founder & CEO Mr Greg Muller says:
“We are honoured that Tom has accepted our invitation to lead Gooroo in to the next phase of our growth. Tom’s experience and leadership in the international human resources sector and vision for the future of work will be of considerable value as we chart our global future. I am looking forward to working closely with Tom. I’d also like to thank Simon for his personal support and his professional leadership over the past 12 months.”
Tom Brown shares his comments:
“As someone who has fought to prove the value creation capability of the People and Culture function, I have always passionately believed technology is a key determinant in the success of my belief. That challenge has never been greater than it is now as AI, machine learning and robotics pose what will be the greatest ever challenge to demonstrating that value. But in the threat lies the solution and with Gooroo, I see great Australian entrepreneurship with a world leading platform the will transform the way organisations acquire and retain talent, developing them into high performing teams.”